Dr. Veronica Ciocanel and Dr. Wasiur KhudaBuksh are organising a virtual mini-symposium on “Probabilistic and Topological Methods for Biological Data” as part of the SIAM conference on Mathematics of Data Science 2020. More information below.
Time: June 11, 2020 1-3pm EST (topology session) and 3-5pm EST (probability session)
Registration: Registration is free (and would take less than 30 seconds), but limited to 300 people. Link here:
Speakers in the topology session:
1. Francis Motta, Florida Atlantic University
2. Marilyn Vazquez, the Ohio State University
3. Veronica Ciocanel, the Ohio State University
4. Manuchehr Aminian, Colorado State University
Speakers in the probability session:
1. Wasiur KhudaBukhsh, the Ohio State University
2. Arindam Fadikar, Argonne National Lab
3. Pragya Sur, Harvard University
4. Yuekai Sun, University of Michigan
The talks will cover many different application areas ranging from microscopic cell biology to macroscopic epidemiology using tools from topology and probability theory.
Please register as soon as possible.